August is coming.
Maybe you’re like OH SWEET JESUS SUMMER IS ALREADY OVER? Or maybe you’ve traveled, seen the world and worked your ass off. Or, if you’re like me, you just want to get out there and do something. So, here is a quick summary of events that I think are pretty rad and should be well attended. (disclaimer: some events are 21+, sorry).
1. Cosi After Dark- Brewing and Distilling — August 6, 2015 — 21+
No kids here; but, you can sure act like one. $14 Advance and $16 at the door. http://bit.ly/1I2v1ZG
2. Ohio State Fair — July 29 through August 9, 2015
The fair has started and that means greasy fries and deep fried cookie dough. Just go and demolish your artieres for the day. Yum. http://bit.ly/1MVeDeY
3. Wex Drive-In Outdoor Movie Series: Cry-Baby — August 13, 2015
This movie is hilarious and stupid but quite brilliant. Bring blankets, an empty stomach and an empty heart for the sad/hilarious thrill of an outdoor movie and the yumminess of Mikey’s Late Night Slice, Popcorn and beer. http://bit.ly/1D9NqVM
4. 40th Annual All-Ohio Balloon Fest — August 13 through 15, 2015
LeAnn Rimes will be there. Will you? http://bit.ly/1IspgWL
5. Idina Menzel World Tour — August 19, 2015
Witches, Frozen wastelands, large-extreme belting: Idina Menzel. A little pricey.. but you get what you pay to see… right? http://bit.ly/1H3xkIi
6. Craft Brew at the Zoo — August 21, 2015 — 21+
Beer. Animals. People. People animals? General Admission: $25 BUT… if you plan on being the sober driver: $15 #responsible … http://bit.ly/1eB2gZJ
7. BalletMet at Rhythm on the River — August 28, 2015
FREE. FREE. go. They also have earlier shows as well! Check em’ out. http://bit.ly/1MudVHm